The university provides you with a lot of resources to help you with your studies. Below are links to ones that should support you through all your years at university.
FBMH Student Intranet/s
These pages contain resources specific to students within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health. You can find information about appeals, complaints and discipline procedures, health and safety and a section containing useful links for PGR students.
- Access the FBMH Intranet Here
- Access SBS’s “My Intranet” here to see information relevant to Biological Science Students
Guides to Help You Avoid Plagiarism
It’s important that you are aware of the University standards and procedures with regard to issues such as plagiarism and other academic malpractice. The resources in this area will help raise your awareness and improve your understanding of these important issues.
- Library Learning Essentials Guide: Plagiarism
- Teaching Learning Support Office Guides: Academic Malpractice and Plagiarism
Resources with guidance on how to correctly cite sources in your written work.
- Teaching and Learning Support Office: Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Library Learning Essentials: Citing it Right
- University of Bristol: A Guide to Referencing Academic Work
The University Library Services are essential for your studies, and they offer much more than lending books.
- Library homepage: University of Manchester Library
- A guide to the Libraries key services: How to Use the Library
- Searching online books, e-journals and other Library resources: Library Search
- Information about all of the libraries on campus: Library Locations
- Online programs to develop your skills: My Learning Essentials
- Resources that the Library has on your subject: Subject Guides
If you are new to study at university level, or are coming back to it after a break, or if you feel you need advice and guidance on some specific aspect of academic study, the resources below will help you.
General Study Skills Advice
- Book courses to help you build skills to support your studies: My Learning Essentials
Help with English
- Examples of the phraseological nuts and bolts of writing: University Language Centre “Phrasebank”
- Resources and Instructional material to help develop good academic writing style: Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL).