This item is currently under review – Aug 2022
Below are instructions on how to access the Final year project reports for marking. Please note that for the Project report you do not need to add feedback or marks to the online paper, you are only required to fill in the paper marking forms. You are still required to complete the Plagiarism check.
NOTE: If you require technical assistance not covered by the instructions please contact the eLearning team: email@example.com or via 51112
Below is a click-by-click guide to accessing the papers you are required to mark.
- Enter Blackboard (https://online.manchester.ac.uk/)
- Click on the title of the unit that you wish to mark in
– Lab Projects: BIOL30030/BIOL30060
– Education/eLearning/Science Media Projects: BIOL31220/BIOL31230
– HSTM Projects: BIOL31250
- Go to the control panel in bottom left of the course > Choose Course tools and then TurnItInUK assignment By group.
- Choose the Submission that you wish to mark (eSubmission of Project/Submission of Thesis)
- Locate the name of the Project Supervisor/Primary Marker in the list (even if you are moderating/second marking). Click “Go”
- You will now see something similar to this image:
- The Student’s name (NOTE: This will be Anonymous)
- The title of the report (NOTE: This should be the supervisor name and the students ID number)
- Clicking on the title reveals the essay within a web browser.
- Originality Report and Similarity Index for the paper. (NOTE: Please refer to the Faculty’s plagiarism guidelines)
To view the student submission and start marking, locate the report that you wish to mark and click its title to view it. Please add feedback to this report but do not add any mark online. You can add a general comment by clicking the speech bubble in the bottom right of the page, you can copy and paste this comment to the mark form if you wish.
When you are ready to check the plagiarism report, click “Originality” in the top left hand corner of the screen ensuring the word “Originality” is highlighted in red.
If your student has extra resources for you to view, such as an eLearning Project resource, files for education projects or Science Media projects, then you will have been sent a spreadsheet with links to access. To access the resources; Log onto Blackboard and then click the link you have been given. If you cannot access these resources or there is no link, please contact the eLearning team: firstname.lastname@example.org (51112) asap.