Discussion videos could be between two knowledgeable people, one interviewee and an interviewer or simple a chat between colleagues about an interesting topic.
Quick methods and Pro production methods are described below.
Follow the Basics guide to set your scene, lighting and other considerations first, then:
- Using Zoom, set the view to Gallery (top right of the video window)
- (Optional- local recordings only) Record separate audio for each participant.
- Use the desktop Zoom client and record the discussion to either your hard drive or to the cloud.
- If using the cloud (required for auto transcripts), download the resulting recording and transcript from your account, under ‘Recordings’ in the website zoom.us.
- Upload your video (and if applicable the .vtt transcript file) to the Video Portal and embed into your course.
Gallery view, activated by the button on the top right of the video window.
Recording Seperate audio tracks for each participant (local recordings only)
This gives you greater control when editing, mostly for advanced users.
Audio and video quality depends on your internet connection, please use an ethernet cable and turn wifi off.
The main advantages of this approach are a familair application to work with and the editable audito transcript from cloud recordings, where local Zoom recordings will give you seperate audio tracks for each person.
Use Zoom auto captioning for editable captions / transcript
Check, edit and download the transcript on Zoom.us, upload the .vtt file to the video portal alongside the video (under advanced options).
Enable this before recording.
Edit in OpenShot
Add logos, text overlays or welcome slides – Before uploading to the Video Portal.
The Media Services team ordinarily offers a service to record you in their studio, they will take care of editing and any extra inserts (text, graphics, or images) and produce the final product for you.
There may be charges associated with this service.