Below are the 4 most common warnings encountered when submitting to Turnitin.
1. You can’t submit to this assignment because the assignment start date hasn’t begun.
Not to worry. Simply wait until your assignment start date has arrived, then submit your file.
2. You can’t submit this file because the assignment doesn’t allow this file format.
Your instructor has opted to only allow files that can generate a Similarity Report. You must ensure that your file fits Turnitin’s specifications, then attempt to submit your file again.
Also check that the file is:
- less than 100MB.
- has a minimum of 20 words; and
- is less than 800 pages.
For a full list of accepted file formats visit the link below:
3. You can’t submit to this assignment because you already submitted.
You’ve received this message because Turnitin has already received your submission. A second submission cannot be accepted, as the assignment is not set up to accept resubmissions. Contact your tutor for the assignment to discuss options.
4. You can’t submit to this assignment because the due date has passed.
A submission cannot be accepted due to the assignment not being set up to accept late submissions after the due date. Contact your tutor for the assignment to discuss options.